Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Getting my Susie on : Polka dot cake almost fail

As per my usual "go overboard, do all the things" party planning, I've left it to the last minute to trial out the cake for Miss 4's party. The plan was to make one of those gorgeous polka dot cakes that's all the rage. 

So being time poor, the trial went with one color and I didn't bother icing it. I just wanted to make sure it'd work and that the polka dots were still moist. Win and winning, well sorta. So here's what it's meant to look like. 
Source: easybake.net

 The beginning of cake balls
Yes, I will admit to being slightly alarmed as to how they looked

 Okay, so it rose a bit too much. Oops.
But overall I'm happy with the final result. Nothing that a few tweaks won't fix. 
Stay turned for the real thing on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment