Sunday, January 20, 2013

Aussie Curves: Spectacular Secondhand

Challenge accepted for my second week on the Aussie Curves bandwagon. 

This week I was wondering if I was even going to make it in. I don't do much secondhand shopping, well I do for the kids, but plus size isn't easy to come by. Hell I even considered taking advantage of the fact that my bestie left her cardigan here on Friday - well that's secondhand if it belongs to someone else isn't it??

But at the last second a colleague mentioned that there was an OP Shop right near work so during my break on Saturday I power walked on over and had a little browse. I didn't find anything in the Plus Size section so I decided to check out the kids and on the way past saw THE shoes. I had been looking for some navy shoes to go with a particular dress and just couldn't find anything, anywhere. Low and behold they were a 39. OMG squealllllllll.  So here they are:



Dress: City Chic
Bracelet: Diva
Shoes: I Love Billy (thrifted)

Righty-o, so not the most spectacular pic and yes, yes, I should've ironed the dress first but I was time poor and tired after what's been a long week at work. Add to that it didn't help that Mr 9 was too busy on the computer to take some pics so I had to make do with Mr 8 who for all his computer savvyness, is unco at best with a camera. Oh and for the record, as much as I'm in love with the shoes, I'm not convinced that they go with the dress. What do you think?

Oh and kudos to Yvette for the heads up on the OP Shop and Jacqui if you're looking for your cardi, I have it :P




6 comments:

  1. Those shoes are too cute, that City Chic dress looks amazing on you and I LOVE how you have painted your toenails to match the dress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those shoes. Very very nice. What a happy find

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, I LOVE this dress! Love it. And those shoes are one heck of a find. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous I love that dress, and those SHOES!

    ReplyDelete