Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Aussie Curves - Akward Animalistic

So I got this new dress a few weeks ago that was on a clearance rack. There was one of the size I usually buy and a few other various sizes but none either side of mine. Therefore I convinced myself that there was no need to try it on since there was no alternative if it didn't fit. Besides, I NEEDED the dress for Animalistic week on the Aussie Curves challenge.

Turns out it was too big. Never one to be deterred, a ton of pins later and ta-da, we have Animalistic. Now this week is definitely not my best angle, view whatever you call it by a long shot. To be honest I was feeling really uncomforable about this shoot for a stupid reason. So far every week, I've either had to master the selfie or get the kids to take the photos for me. This week I had to enlist the husband....and it was awkward. And I was embarrassed.

For the people who don't know my husband, he's a smartarse. Not one of those asshole type smartarses that everyone hates, but I guess it's more that our normal relationship is based on a lot of laughs and ribbing. So I just couldn't do the photo shoot. I knew he wouldn't be able to help himself. And I knew I would be crushed even if he was just joking. With the kids it's easy, I can be silly, I can "strike a pose", hell Miss 4 even requests what poses I do, but with him it was just, well...awkward. So I bring you the awkward pics.

Hair : Crappy Melbourne Weather
Necklace : Diva
Tank : Target
Dress : MODA for Target
Belt : City Chic
Shoes : Wittner

5 comments:

  1. I'm liking the photos. He took great accessory photos. I think if I had my husband take my photos, I'd feel awkward too. I once asked if was interested in getting into photography and he said no. Quietly relieved. Your dress and complete look is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Your hair is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt silly asking my husband to start with, but i find it fun now :)
    Dress looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is awesome, I really like the hi lo style on you! Fabulous hair BTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking through the Aussie Curves photos, and this dress looks like mine! http://blog.mummybrain.com/2013/06/ootd-animalistic-she-wore-what.html Loving it, and love yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete