Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ah yes, it's a new year

res·o·lu·tion (rz-lshnn.)
1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.
4. A formal statement of a decision or expression of opinion put before or adopted by an assembly such as the U.S. Congress.
5. Physics & Chemistry The act or process of separating or reducing something into its constituent parts: the prismatic resolution of sunlight into its spectral colors.
6. The fineness of detail that can be distinguished in an image, as on a video display terminal.
7. Medicine The subsiding or termination of an abnormal condition, such as a fever or an inflammation.
8. Law A court decision.
9.
a. An explanation, as of a problem or puzzle; a solution.
b. The part of a literary work in which the complications of the plot are resolved or simplified.
10. Music
a. The progression of a dissonant tone or chord to a consonant tone or chord.
b. The tone or chord to which such a progression is made.
11. The substitution of one metrical unit for another, especially the substitution of two short syllables for one long syllable in quantitative verse.


See those bolded answers, kind of sound final don't they? When I think of resolutions at this time of the year I think the definition should read:
1. All the shit you where meant to do last year but decided "Screw it" I like to take the easy way out, and
2. All the shit you're going to try to do this year, but will undoubtedly fail miserably at.

So no, I won't be making a New Year's resolution. But what I am making instead is a little promise to myself. This year is the year of being a little selfish. This year I'm going to focus on me. This year I'm going to focus on my family. I've let myself go for too long. I've let my family take a back burner for too long. Enough is enough.

And on that note, I shall be off. Instead of sitting on the laptop all night I need to get a decent nights sleep...another of my last years resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment