Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pictures of you, pictures of me hung up on your wall for the world to see

It's almost like it takes a shock to the system to make you look around and see the bigger picture. Today a husband and father buried his wife and son. Today I was there to witness a friend deliver a beautiful but heart wrenching eulogy as his mother was laid to rest. Today I opened up my eyes to the life I'm living and what I'm leaving behind for my kids.

I watched a moving photo tribute of a mother and her family and realised that if I was to be gone today all my kids would have is memories. I'm always the one behind the camera and I tell everyone that it's because I can't trust Brian to take great photos. But in reality I hate how I look and take every opportunity I can to be behind the camera rather than in front. So I made a promise to myself to make an effort to leave behind more than just a memory - starting from this afternoon.

So here I am in all my princess and Wot Wot glory after being dressed up by Imogen:

No comments:

Post a Comment