Saturday, July 10, 2010

You've been - thunderstruck

Thunderstruck. Yeah yeah yeah, thunderstruck. Oh, thunderstruck, yeah.
C'mon, sing along if you know the words..... Thunderstruck....

Yep I'm sure most Aussies (well most bogan Aussies) know the words to the lyrics that represent the V8 supercars. So now that I've got you in the mood, let me share our day today. Last October was our Wedding anniversary. At the time we didn't have much extra cash so Brian had said to please not spend too much on gifts. I was stumped with what to get him and after exhausting all the usual DVD avenues, I had a look at the Red Balloon Website. There I found advertising for Laps in a V8 around Calder Park. I thought great. It was under $100 (well $99 to be exact), so I could say that I didn't spend TOO much and I knew it would be something he would love. And love it he did. He lost his mind when he saw what his present was. So after having to reschedule a million times over, we finally made it this weekend (although they drive out at Sandown now, not Calder).

After today I think he's wishing that he said not to spend too much money. There was heaps of people there today who where not just passengers, but driving. I think Brian wished that was him. Anyway, he said it was fantastic - the car got up to over 240km/h and averaged 160km/h on the bends. You couldn't wipe the smile from his face.

The only downfall of the day was trying to get some good pics. This was the best I could do:







No comments:

Post a Comment