Okay, okay so Jack's where mainly just chicken and cheese but HE ATE THEM ALL...
...AND ENJOYED IT.
So we celebrated with home made banana fritters.
And damn they were good.
Many thanks to Aaron from MasterChef for his Chicken Tacos. They were a big hit in this house.
And now for anyone who was wondering what the dish was that Jack was actually eating, according to the MasterChef website it was Five Star Taco but according to the MasterChef magazine we were following it was Chicken Tacos. Below is our finished product v's the MasterChef version. I think it was a damn fine replication.
Here's the recipe:
Cooking time 40 minutes
5 vine ripened tomatoes quartered, seeded
1tbs Tabasco sauce
2 tsp ground cumin
1 lemon, juiced
2 tbs tomato paste
2 jalapenos halved, seeded (we omitted them)
4 chicken breast fillets
Coriander leaves and lime wedges to serve
3 vine ripened tomatoes seeded, finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 tbs finely chopped corriander
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 tsp ground cumin
- Process tomatoes, Tabasco, cumin, lemon juice, tomato paste, jalapenos, and 250ml water in a food processor until smooth. Combine 1/2 tomato mixture with chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Strain remaining tomato mixture through a fine sieve into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Cool and reserve.
- To make tomato salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl, then season.
- Preheat a greased bbq or chargrill pan over a medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade and cook for 4 minutes or until browned underneath. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes then slice.
- Wipe pan clean then toast tortillas for 30 seconds each side.
- Top tortillas with chicken then salsa. Scatter with coriander, drizzle with reserved tomato mixture and serve with lime wedges.