Sunday, December 19, 2010

This is the drive that never ends...

...It just goes on and on my friends.

Well that's what it feels like with three kids in a car for an almost 6 hour return road trip with a DVD player that's not working. I thank Christ that at the 2 hour mark the DVD player miraculously returned to life. That said, I don't know what's worse - 3 whinging kids or D-D-D-D-Dora on repeat.

So today the boys got dropped off at the inlaws for the first of their week stays during the holidays. They where so excited and couldn't wait to get there. And I would be lying if I said I wasn't more excited. I mean I love my kids and all, but a week with just one child will be a breeze. That said, she is tornado child so maybe I'm setting myself up for a fall. Only time will tell eh?

On the way home, I decided to take a detour through Ballarat (cause ya know six hours driving just isn't enough) as I wanted to have a look at Lake Wendouree. Last time I saw the lake it was a huge dry patch with maybe a little pond in the middle. I knew we'd had heaps of rain but I really didn't expect this:

Made for some nice viewing after looking at paddock after paddock.
Align Center

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe there is water in there hey?! I still can't believe it either lol!

    ReplyDelete