Sunday, January 3, 2010

How do you define friendship?

Would you say that someone you only see a handful of times a year when you live locally to each other is a friend or an acquaintance?

I had a question similar to this posed to me when I'd mentioned that Kathy and her daughter Aysha had come for a visit today. So it got me thinking. Yeah Kathy and I really only live 10-15 minutes away from each other, but life if is busy ya know? She's a single Mum working fulltime days, I do school runs and race around after a toddler all day and work most nights. So catching up is usually a logistical nightmare.

But you know what? When we catch up, it's just like picking up where we left off. Like no time has passed. It's not awkward. It's not weird. It's just....the same. And that's what defines our friendship. And that's what makes it great.

No comments:

Post a Comment