Monday, October 26, 2015

The big week 1 weigh in {Shifting a little weight}

Surprisingly this week was much easier than I anticipated. Everyone knows how that first week is just shit - headaches, tiredness, grumpiness and the fact that your so friggin hungry but I wasn't too bad (or at least I don't think I was LOL).

The only thing that did annoy me was salad. Really a person can only eat so much salad. And yeah I know I could've eaten vegetables but it's been hot this week - as in ridiculously hot for a Melbourne October - so you don't want hot food. By the weekend I was well and truly over lettuce but I had an empty fridge and a house full of kids (mine and other peoples) so there was no way in hell I was taking the troops to the supermarket. Cue bland salad.
It's all so brown and green. Yep bland.

Every day I've been doing a sneaky weigh in just to see what's going on. I know I shouldn't. I think everyone trying to lose weight knows they shouldn't but everyone does it. The great news is that I've had consistent weight loss - more than I expected. As of Saturday morning I was sitting on 118.1kgs.

Then Saturday night happened. I know the whole concept of cheat days, but when you're on a liver cleansing diet and your cheat day is focussed on the copious amounts of alcohol that you're planning on consuming at your best friends 40th it kind of defeats the purpose of the hard work you've put in all week. That said, you only turn forty once so I was going to celebrate regardless with the mindset of think of the kilos lost prior as saving myself from gaining in alcohol consumption.

I have to say that I'm impressed with my willpower. Usually alcohol equals copious amounts of biscuits, cheeses, cabana, dips, party pies, samosas - really whatever is on hand. I actually made a mental note of what I was eating (keep in mind I did eat a salmon salad for dinner prior): 2 party pies, 2 cocktail spring rolls, 1 crab ball thingy, 2 curry puffs, 2 little pieces of cabana and a small handful of Doritos.  I was tempted to add up all the calories just to freak myself out but what's the point really? I had a fabulous time, my best friend had a fabulous time and that's all that matters.

After the party I woke up wanting the biggest greasiest Maccas breakfast ever to combat the throbbing head and empty stomach feeling but a boiled egg and piece of multigrain toast it was. Straight back on the band wagon. Vegies and chicken for lunch and chicken salad for dinner (just for something different lol).

Weigh in morning was today and surprisingly I didn't do as much damage as I expected on Saturday night.

Starting weight:  121.9kgs
Current weight: 118.6
Loss to date: 3.3kg

Onwards and downwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment