Monday, November 17, 2008

Oh no! Our first infectious disease

Ok just a tad melodramatic, but Jack has Chicken Pox. Now the wait is on to see if both Liam & Imogen get it as well. It has anwhere from a 10 to 21 day incubation period, so I could be waiting a while.

I have to say though, I'm even more an advocate for immunisations now. Jack has spots, infact not even heaps - maybe 20 at the most. But that's it - no fever, no cold symptoms and he's happy as Larry - annoying even, so he must be fine.

According to the Dr, she's seeing more and more kids with only very mild Chicken Pox thanks to them being immunisied. According to her, Chicken Pox is a very horrible virus for the kid suffereing it. I can attest to that - I still remember having it and I've still got the scars to prove it.

1 comment:

  1. i have chickenpox RIGHT NOW ! at the ripe old age of 25 ! and both my offspring seem to have escaped unharmed.. you are welcome to a full bottle of pinetarsol for your little one if you need it..(we live in the same area) :)

    ReplyDelete