Sunday, July 21, 2013

Aussie Curves : Oversized, Undersized, Doesn't Matter

This is the post that I didn't think I'd make it in for since I'm currently overseas. Yes peeps, while you're freezing your curves off Im here basking in the 29 degree heat in Bali. Haters gonna hate :P So let's apologise in advance for any formatting issues since this is my first mobile post.

Anyway...oversized. Let me begin by saying Im not a fan of oversized clothing on me. But I used to be. Everything was big and baggy trying to cover up all the lumps and bumps. I don't know who I was trying to kid because really all I was doing was looking like I was wearing Muumuus (as the husband so delicately pointed out one day) which do nothing for figure accentuating. For years the husband had been telling me to wear more figure hugging clothes but I was ashamed/embarrassed that people would see how fat I really was. Again, who was I kidding. But then I found Aussie Curves and really my life changed.

So usually I'm shouting from the rooftops "I'm 40, fat and proud and I don't have a problem with it so neither should you" but today for the sake of a challenge I'm donning a Muumuu again. This one courtesy of a tiny Bali stall. I actually liked the dress when I bought it and put it on for the first time to take the photos and thought "what the hell was I thinking?" So this baby won't probably never see the light of day again but for $7 I can handle that. 

I am wearing an oversize hat though and thats  gotta account for something right?

See, even the look on my face says "Oh no way man, what are you doing".

Now the hat I like. It's an oldie but a goodie. I can even squish it up in my suitcase and it springs  back to life. Please excuse the bad hair and sans make up, it's Bali remember...this is as good as it gets.

And lastly, don't forget to check out the rest of the curvy lasses and their oversized goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment