Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Is it just me or does Christmas seem to be celebrated earlier each year? As a kid I remember all the store decorations coming out and then it was Christmas. There is no way that it was all the way back in October. I don't know...maybe I'm going all Scrooge in my later years, but it's annoying me. It's October damn it. Now I have to put up with weeks of the kids annoying me to put up the Christmas tree because "everyone else has got Christmas stuff up" (in that whingy whiney voice that every parent knows so well).

Anyway, as I walked into work today I was met with a sea of green, red and twinkling lights. Yep, you guessed it - the Plaza has been turned into a Christmas wonderland. And even this Scrooge is impressed.

Last year Santa just had a fancy chair and that was it. This year Santa is doing it in style. I can only imagine how much we're going to be paying for a photo privilege this year.






No comments:

Post a Comment